TOEFL vs IELTS
TOEFL vs IELTS
Although there are few more, TOEFL and IELTS are the most widely accepted English Language Proficiency Tests, and students pursuing US education are often found being confused in choosing the correct test for themselves.
Therefore, here we are trying to help you understand the differences between TOEFL and IELTS in simplest way possible.
TOEFL vs IELTS Comparison
Basis of comparison
|TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language)||IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
|Length||About 4 Hrs.||About 2 Hrs. 45 Min|
|Sections||Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking||Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking|
Total score of 120
30 Each section
Total score of 9
Each band our of 9
|Administered by||ETS||Cambridge, IDP and British Council|
|Test Fee||$180.00||NRs. 19,500|
• Computer Based Test:
• Speaking section test in Computer
• Needs a pretty good typing skill
• Basically if you don’t like paper test TOEFL is the test you choose.
• American accent in Listening section
• American English
• Paper based test
• Speaking section test on different day with an examiner in person
• Writing essay on paper might be very convenient but if you find out that you need to edit plenty of sentences after you are done writing, you might have to erase and re-write and it might be messy. Also you better don’t have a bad hand writing.
• If you are not comfortable with computers IELTS is the way to go.
• British accent in Listening section
• British English
|Acceptance||Very well accepted by all Universities in USA||Might be not equally but very well accepted as well|
|Number of tests||Plenty every month||Plenty every month|
There are some more differences, but now that you have seen several major differences between the two, we hope you will make a wise choice.
Also read: IELTS NEPAL