Best PTE coaching in Kathmandu
What is PTE?
The Pearson Test of English (PTE) is broadly accepted English Language Proficiency test which is run by Pearson Inc. for study and immigration purpose.
PTE is a computer-based test of 3 hours’ duration and the score of the test is usually declared within 5 business days and the score is valid for 2 years. PTE test is marked using Artificial Intelligence tools that are based on the response obtained from the test takers.
The test is designed in a way that each questions generally tests two type of skill together like listening and reading or reading and speaking.
Exam Format of PTE
PTE test is divided into 3 parts:
Speaking & Writing:
This is the longest section of the test and is of 54-67 minutes long which contains questions of different types and in English which you will encounter in an academic setting. This section includes following types of questions:
- Personal Introduction
- Read Aloud
- Repeat Sentence
- Describe Image
- Re-tell Lecture
- Answer Short Question
- Summarize Written Text
This part assesses the reading skills of the test taker. The duration of the test is 29-30 minutes long and has 5 different types of question:
- Reading & Writing: Fill in the Blanks
- Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer
- Re-order Paragraphs
- Fill in the Blanks
- Multiple Choice, Single Answer
The questions of Listening section of PTE are based on the Audio/Video clips that are played ones. This part is 30-43 minutes long and comprises eight different types of questions, which are:
- Summarize Spoken Text
- Multiple Choice, Multiple Answers
- Fill in the Blanks
- Highlight Correct Summary
- Multiple Choice, Single Answer
- Select Missing Word
- Highlight Incorrect Words
- Write from Dictation
PTE- General overview
Q. Who are eligible for the test?
Anyone who is age 16 and over are eligible for the test.
Q. When are the test dates available?
The test dates are available round the year.
Q. How much is the test fee?
The test fee is 180 USD excluding the bank charges.
Q. When can I book the test dates?
You can book PTE test days 24 hours’ prior the exam if the dates are available.
Q. How is the PTE Scored?
PTE is scored between range of 10 – 90.
Q. How many times can I take the test?
You can re-take the test as many times as you would like.
Q. How long should I have to wait for the results?
You will receive your test results within 5 business days.
Q. How long will the test scores be valid?
The test score will be valid for 2 Years.
PTE is scored on the range of 10-90. Below is the comparison table of PTE with IELTS and TOEFL.
Edwise Foundation offers high-end PTE test preparation classes where you can comfortably crack the test and score higher.
We offer latest courseware and support, small class size for better experience, interactive class with the instructors, free mock tests and feedback sessions and have highly experienced instructors.
You can follow the link below for more information about PTE Test.
Additional FAQs about PTE
1. What is the PTE exam cancellation fee?
• You will get full refund if you cancel your booking up to 14 full calendar days before the test date.
• If you cancel the test within less than 14 days but at least 7 full calendar days before the test date, you will get 50% refund of the test fee.
• No Refunds will be provided on cancelling the test less than 7 calendar days before the test.
2. What is the fee for rescheduling PTE exam?
• You can reschedule your test up to 14 full calendar days before the test date with no charges.
• If you reschedule the test within less than 14 days but at least 7 full calendar days before the test date, you will need to pay 50% charge of the full test fee.
• You will need to pay full test fee if you reschedule your test less than 7 calendar days before the test.
3. How can you book for PTE exam?
Firstly, you need to create your account on https://www.pearsonpte.com/. After creating an account, you need to fill all your personal details carefully. Next, look for available test centers and test dates according to your convenience. After you can proceed with payments through bank or you can pay it by yourself if you have a dollar card. You will receive an acknowledgement receipt after the payment is successful.
4. In which countries is the PTE test certification accepted?
PTE is accepted in many countries of the world where English proficiency tests are required. Major student destinations like USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand Spain, Germany, Denmark and many others accept PTE test certification.
5. Which is better: PTE or IELTS?
PTE and IELTS both are English language proficiency tests and are valued equally and are reviewed to be of the same difficulty. IELTS is a paper-based test and also has started to deliver computer based test and the scores are checked manually. PTE is completely a computer-based test and is scored using automated technology. Thus, it is completely your choice to take the test that you would like.
6. Which is the best PTE training institute in Kathmandu?
According to the reviews of many students who have taken PTE preparation class with us, we Edwise Foundation can proudly say that we are one of the best PTE training institutes in Kathmandu. We allocate specific computers to individual students from the first day. We make sure students get used to using the desktop by the time they finish their preparation courses. We have seasoned professionals who have decades long experience of instructing students
7. Why choose Edwise Foundation for PTE?
Edwise Foundation offers high-end PTE test preparation classes where you can comfortably crack the test and score higher. We offer latest courseware and support, small class size for better experience, interactive class with the instructors, free mock tests and feedback sessions and have highly experienced instructors.